TALK KOK.


4 Siglap Link


Staying in the hostel brings a deficiency of contact with the outside world, while the working-class suburbs just draws you closer to a bigger reality. It is only when you're in contact, face-to-face with the bourgeois, will you really come to know the problems that our people are facing. Looking back now, traveling on the MRT at 7pm rush hour was really very surreal. The faces of our Singaporeans just say so much about how much they're working for to keep breathing.

Victoria Hall has brought me a lot more convenience. I take 30s to reach "home". I can rush back after P.E. to take a bath. I can get my tie if I forget it. It's just a myriad of possibilities. There are, though, sacrifices to every good decision made. This has been some sort of self-jailed prison, a wire that restricts me to watch the lives of everyday Singaporeans whiz past.

There are snaps however- trips to Parkway and back. I enjoy them quite a bit. I guess 3 years of commuting Singapore end-to-end has left me some sort of urban nomad.

But I guess to every land there is its own story. And after 11 years of being a Northerner, it's time to take a break.

0 Responses to “4 Siglap Link”

Post a Comment
signature
Opinari
CNN|NY Times|BBC|Malaysiakini|Today|CNA|Pravda|CCTV|IRIB|DPRK